How to Generate Leads in 2023
Before we can discuss how to generate leads we must first define what lead generation is? Lead generation is the process of identifying and cultivating potential customers or clients for a business’s products or services. The goal of lead generation is to collect information about individuals or businesses who are interested in what the business has to offer and convert them into actual customers.
Lead generation involves a variety of methods, including inbound, outbound, online and offline marketing. For example, businesses may generate leads by creating content such as blog posts (like this one) or e-books, they may also opt to run targeted online ads, attend trade shows, industry events, or conducting email marketing campaigns.
The ultimate objective of lead generation is to gather enough information about a potential customer or client so that the business can reach out to them and try to convert them into a paying customer. Once the business has identified a lead, they will typically follow up with them using a variety of methods, such as email, phone, or in-person meetings, in order to further nurture the relationship and turn the lead into a customer.
Quick Tip Navigation:
- How to generate leads via SEO
- How to generate leads via blog posts
- How to generate leads via targeted advertising
- How to generate leads using video content
What is the difference between inbound and outbound marketing?
How to generate leads offline/online might be a self explanatory difference but inbound and outbound marketing can be a little more confusing as it delves into the approach used to reach and engage with potential customers.
Inbound marketing focuses on attracting and engaging with potential customers by providing valuable content and resources that they may find helpful or interesting. This type of marketing strategy is designed to draw potential customers towards a business and its products or services, rather than aggressively pushing a message on them. Inbound marketing tactics may include creating blog posts, social media content, videos, e-books, or webinars that are informative and relevant to the target audience. Inbound marketing strategies also include optimising a website for search engines (SEO), which can help potential customers find a business more easily when they search for related topics online.
On the other hand, outbound marketing involves pushing a message to potential customers to get their attention. This approach is more interruptive, as it involves targeting people who may not have shown any previous interest in a product or service. Outbound marketing tactics may include print or TV ads, cold calling, or direct mail.
In summary, inbound marketing focuses on drawing potential customers in through helpful content and resources, while outbound marketing involves pushing a message out to potential customers to get their attention. Inbound marketing is more passive, while outbound marketing is more active and interruptive.
Here at Spotlight Studios we specialise in the former, we find that attracting people to your business yields far better results and more often than not provides a better ROI.
How to generate leads using inbound marketing?
If you’re reading this article there is a good chance you found us online organically through a search engine, via one of our social media channels or through a targeted advertising campaign. Either way you now know we exist, which is a step in the right direction as far as we’re concerned. For those of you who would like a free consultation to discuss the lead generation process you can book one here or if you’d like some free tips on how to generate sales leads for your business, keep on reading.
How to generate leads via SEO
Generating leads through search engine optimisation (SEO) involves a number of techniques and strategies aimed at increasing the visibility and ranking of your website in search engine results pages (SERPs). Here are some ways to generate leads via SEO:
- Keyword Research: Conduct thorough keyword research to identify the phrases and terms that potential customers use to search for products and services similar to yours. Use those keywords in your content and make sure they are optimised for search engines.
- On-page optimisation: Optimise your website’s on-page elements, such as title tags, meta descriptions, and header tags to make sure they include relevant keywords and encourage click-throughs from searchers.
- Content Marketing: Create high-quality content that addresses your target audience’s needs and interests. Use your target keywords in your content and make sure your pages are optimised for search engines.
- Link Building: Get links from high-quality, relevant websites to your website. Link building helps increase your website’s authority and ranking in search engine results pages.
- Local SEO: If you are a local business, make sure your website is optimised for local search queries, such as “near me” searches. Use location-based keywords, include your business name, address, and phone number on your website, and make sure your website is listed in local business directories.
- Social Media: Promote your content and website on social media channels to increase visibility and attract potential leads.
- Mobile optimisation: Optimise your website for mobile devices. Many people use their mobile devices to search for products and services, and having a mobile-friendly website can help attract and retain those users.
By implementing these techniques and strategies, you can generate leads through SEO and increase your website’s visibility in search engines. If you need help with SEO you can book a free consultation.
How to generate leads via blog posts
Here are a few tips on how we go about writing a blog post:
- Choose a topic: Decide on a topic that is relevant to your blog’s niche or theme, and most importantly something that your readers will find interesting or helpful.
- Research: Conduct research on the topic, using reputable sources such as academic journals, news articles, or industry reports. Take notes and gather ideas for your post.
- Create an outline: Organise your ideas into a logical structure. A good outline will include an introduction, several key points or sections, and a conclusion.
- Write the draft: Using your outline, begin writing your post. Write in a conversational tone that is easy for your readers to follow. Use short paragraphs, bullet points, and subheadings to break up the text and make it easier to read.
- Edit and revise: Once you have completed your draft, go back and read it carefully. Edit for grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors, and revise for clarity and organization. Make sure your post flows logically and is easy to read.
- Add visuals: Consider adding visuals such as images, videos, or infographics to your post. This can help break up the text and make your post more engaging.
- Publish and promote: Once your post is polished and ready to go, publish it on your blog. Consider promoting it through social media, email newsletters, or other channels to drive traffic and engagement.
Remember, writing a great blog post takes practice and effort. Keep experimenting with different formats and styles until you find what works best for you and your audience.
How to generate leads via targeted advertising
This step isn’t all that easy, but we have found it is pivotal in driving regular traffic towards your website. However to keep the tips flowing here are a few pointers to ensure you stay on track:
- Define your target audience: Determine the specific group of people you want to reach with your ad campaign. Consider factors such as age, gender, location, interests, and behaviour.
- Choose the ad platform: Select the ad platform that is most appropriate for reaching your target audience. Popular platforms include Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram Ads, LinkedIn Ads, and Twitter Ads. (You can also combine these for retargeting)
- Create your ad: Design your ad to be visually appealing and attention-grabbing. Use images or videos, write clear and concise ad copy, and include a call to action.
- Set your budget: Decide on a budget for your ad campaign. Most platforms allow you to set a daily or total budget, and to adjust your budget as needed.
- Set your targeting parameters: Using the targeting options provided by the ad platform, set your targeting parameters to reach your target audience. These options may include demographics, interests, behaviours, location, and more.
- Monitor and adjust: Once your ad campaign is live, monitor its performance regularly. Track metrics such as impressions, clicks, and conversions, and adjust your targeting or ad copy as needed to optimise your results and don’t forget to add negative keywords to ensure you don’t waste your money!
It can be tricky and a very easy way to pour money down the drain. If you’re interested you can review our PPC services here or book a free consultation to have a more personalised experience.
How to generate leads using video content
Video content has become increasingly popular as a marketing tool to generate leads. It can be uses across all previous methods discussed above but here are a few specific tips to help you with your video content:
- Create engaging videos: Your videos need to be engaging, informative, and relevant to your target audience. Use attention-grabbing visuals, clear audio, and concise messaging to keep viewers engaged and interested in your brand.
- Use call-to-actions (CTAs): Make sure to include a clear and compelling CTA at the end of your video that encourages viewers to take the next step. Whether it’s to sign up for a newsletter, visit your website, or contact your sales team, a CTA can help convert viewers into leads.
- Optimise your videos for search: Optimise your videos for search engines by using relevant keywords in your video title, description, and tags. This can help your videos rank higher in search engine results pages, making them more visible to potential leads.
- Host your videos on a landing page: Create a landing page on your website specifically for your video content. This can help drive traffic to your website and capture leads by including a form or CTA on the page.
- Share your videos on social media: Share your videos on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. This can help expand your reach and attract new leads who may be interested in your brand.
- Use video ads: Consider using video ads on platforms like YouTube or Facebook to promote your videos to a larger audience. This can help increase brand awareness and drive more leads to your website.
By using these strategies, you can generate leads with video content and increase your brand’s visibility and engagement with potential customers.
Discussing how to generate leads in 2023 doesn’t differ to much to the discussions I was having last year, with the exception that video content is really booming with the likes of YouTube Shorts and TikTok. However the important aspect to take away is that it’s rare that you’ll be able to just utilise a single source, and if you do you’re at risk of creating a single point of failure for your inbound marketing needs. The safest approach is to ensure you’re placing a focus across as many sources as possible without spreading yourself too thin. Ensure the content you create is spread out over your platforms where possible. Do as much as you can internally and then onboard a digital provider to reduce the workload and increase your ROI.
Something in the article peaked your interest? We’re never more than a contact form or a quick call away so please don’t hesitate to get in touch!